Friday, January 15, 2010

Before the Morning

My heart is heavy. I have been in a fog all day. Today was one of those days where you feel your world is crashing down around you. And yet....just as He always does......God met with me. Personally!

I was checking my face book this afternoon.....honestly with no real interest in anything going on. All of a sudden I see one of our friends from Lubbock has posted a link to a song about his little boy (Jayken) who has had MAJOR medical issues since pre-birth. I was curious, so I clicked on it. Began listening to the story behind the song (Before the Morning), when I glanced at the clock. Oh no.....it was past time for me to go pick up the kids from school. I shut off the computer, ran out the door....with my mind back on my problems. I had been in the car for less than a minute when all of a sudden the DJ comes on the radio announcing the next song. I couldn't believe it! It was our friend's song!! The one I had just seen on line. I listened intently with tears streaming down my face. It was HIM! It was God speaking straight to ME!

I am so thankful for a God who can use a song....a message..... to touch each and every one of us, personally! We all are going through different things and experiencing various trials, but HE speaks to us individually. It's called Rhema! Thank you for this simple reminder...........

The song is called "Before the Morning" by Josh Wilson. Check it out!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great song--it should speak to each of us and you are right--a word straight from God our Father...

Unknown said...

THAT MUST BE THE SON OF DAVID WILSON AT SOUTHCREST BABTIST HERE IN LUBBOCK. WE USE TO ATTEND THERE IT WAS A GREAT SONG...LOVE...SHARON AND JERRY WYLIE...SO GLAD CAED IS DOING SO WELL. WHAT A MIRACLE CHILD HE IS...THANK GOR FOR HIM.AND BLESS HIS FAMILY.

Anita said...

wow, I watched this at the Bullis' today from your FB link. Such an amazing testimony to God's grace and faithfulness to His people. Praise the Lord for this family and their steadfast faith in Him
Thanks for sharing Lori!!! So glad God spoke His word to you today