Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Tues. 7/8 - update

The LORD will sustain him on his sickbed and restore him from his bed of illness.
(Psalm 41:3)

Tonight Caed and I had a very special evening with some very special new friends. It's a long story how we got connected, but basically by word of mouth this family found out about Caed and our experience. They have been following through the blog. However, they are not just an ordinary family....you see they too have a child with short gut. The drs. discovered her malrotation just days after she was born. Kensley has lost 75-80% of sm. bowel, part of large, and the value that connects the two (sound familiar?). She also shares the exact same drs. as Caed! (Goldthorn and Higgins) Her mom is a children's minister, and they have a daughter (9) and son (5). The similarities are astounding! (other than their age difference) Caed and I went to see them up at Covenant (in the exact same room as Caed.....only on opposite floor). It was a very eerie feeling walking into that room. Everything was so familiar.....right up to the point when Dr. Higgins walked in! Only this time, I was the "visitor." I was able to leave. I was not having to sleep on the couch-bed, eat hospital food and watch my child suffer (and feel helpless as a parent). I wanted to cry for them (& did). I felt all that they were feeling. We talked for quite awhile and decided that there was some special reason God joined our paths. We don't fully know what the outcome might be, but are excited to see how He leads. Please add precious Kensley to your prayer list. She is 2 months old and so beautiful! Her parents love the Lord, and it is very evident who they are leaning on during this time. God has already brought her this far, but just like in Caed's situation....you feel like you're making progress and then a major "setback" comes. They believe God is in control and have given their daughter into His hands. (something so difficult to do!)

Lord, I pray for sweet Kensley right now. She is so young and has so much life ahead of her. Please deliver her from any pain or discomfort. I pray for her parents/family as they are going through a major storm. Help them to see Your Hand in this and know You are holding onto them so tightly. YOU ARE FAITHFUL!!! BE GLORIFIED THROUGH THIS!! Use little Kensley in a mighty way to bring others closer to YOU!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lori,
I join you in praying for Kensley. Precious Lord please touch Kensley's tiny body and heal her. Please continue to use Lori and Caed as they touch these other lives Lord. Thank you for bringing them together for who else could understand so well what this mother and child are going through? You are so faithful God to give us just what we need and I thank you!
Love you guys
Tina

Anonymous said...

Lori,

I'm also someone that heard about you by word of mouth (my sister is Carrie Williams who is friends with Marilyn Lashaway). My family has been very burdened for Caed and have kept you in our prayers. We've also been praying for a little girl who's dad is a co-worker with my husband - Jay Free. I don't think I've ever been told the little girl's name, but based on what I know and your blog, I'm pretty sure this is Kensley. What an awesome God to bring the two families together!! I just wanted you to know how touched I was to see your blog this morning and recognize the child you were talking about - especially since I'm in Oklahoma and these are the only two children in Lubbock that we are currently praying for. Coincidence - I don't think so - our God is so far-reaching and so awesome. I'm so thankful for the support your family and the Frees can provide each other. I know that they are facing some tough decisions. We'll continue to pray for ya'll!

David, Lori, Katy, Kell & Tucker Dean Parker
Texan by birth, but enjoying Oklahoma for now!! Guns up!

Marilyn said...

We serve an awesome God. He sees so much more than we could ever imagine! For your good and His glory! Love yall,
Marilyn