Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sun. 7/20 - update

...though he stumble, he will not fall, for the LORD upholds him with his hand. (Psalm 37:24)


This morning at church we sang "Never Let Go." Throughout the past several months, it has become one of my favorites. However, late this afternoon, Caed was in "his room" playing as I was hanging up his clothes. All of a sudden I noticed he was over in the corner singing. I wish you could have heard his little voice....."Oh no, You never let go....through the calm and through the storm...." I literally had to stop what I was doing and thank God for speaking to me (and using a 4 yr. old to do it!!).

Tomorrow we will go back to Dr. Higgins' office to get Caed's weekly weight. I am praying he hasn't lost any more this week!! There is a very familiar feeling inside of me that reminds me of days back in the hospital. Things just weren't changing. Caed seemed to be stuck in a cycle of bad days and no progress (in our eyes). We knew that the Lord was in control, that He was holding Caed in His hands, but the daily "letting go" (giving Him our worries & fears) was difficult. I am struggling again with this. On the outside, Caed is doing so well! However, his "insides" are still working hard to heal. Today after church we went out to eat. We were careful with what Caed chose, and thought we did a pretty good job. However, just moments after pulling out of the restaurant, he began throwing up green beans! Looking back at it now, I'm sure they were cooked with fat. Never before would I have questioned him eating vegetables at a restaurant. I guess we are still learning.......

We also have an appt. with the play therapist tomorrow afternoon. Pray all goes well.

*I keep forgetting to report on Caed's Upper GI results. Dr. said it looked much better than the last one (mid-May). He said his anatomy is abnormal, but things are moving through better. Thank you Lord for this good news!


Caed and his backpack...
(he actually told me today that he liked
wearing it!! Thank you God!)


Reagan & Bergan "heading to prom....."
(with little brother tagging along)


Caleb enjoying an apple with Grandaddy


Caed was pretty upset when he heard you were
in the hospital. He's empathizing with ya.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Todd, Lori and Family
I was so excited to see you on Sunday!!! I am excited to see that Caed is doing so well. I am so happy for what the Lord has done in your lives. Your examples of faithfulness through your trials is an inspiration to me right now. I know now that everything is in the Lord's Hands and He Is In Control and God Can Do Anything! I Love Ya'll and I will continue to pray for you. Thankyou for being such wonderful role models.
Love Always In Him,
Flora Moore

Anonymous said...

Lori and Todd - Miss Leslie from the hospital here. I have not been on the blog in a while and was at Covenant today and thought of you. Caed looks great. Your children are all darling. You faith is very uplifting to me. Today was a day I needed it. Thanks for sharing your hearts. Kirk leaves for college in 2 Mondays as he announced to a group yesterday. Time flies .....

My best,
Leslie Moss