Thursday, July 17, 2008

Thurs. 7/17 - update



Finally, be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then....... (Ephesians 6:12-14)


I have not shared this story yet, but knew the time would come when the Lord would strongly lay it on my heart:

I don't remember the exact time, but it couldn't have been more than a couple of weeks after we left the hospital (May). Todd was back in Celina, and I was sleeping in Caed's room. It was back during the time when Caed would awake many times through the night in pain, vomiting, etc.... This night was no different. Only one particular time when he woke up, I could tell it was serious. He was screaming (not a pain cry) but one of absolute fear. I sat on the edge of his bed (still trying to wake up) and he began pointing to the window. He was crying and saying, "NO! Don't shoot it!!! No....please don't shoot it!" Normally I would have thought he was having a bad dream or even worse...hallucinating. But, I got chills all over my body, and all I could do was RUN!! (I look back now and it breaks my heart that I left him there alone) But, at the time I immediately ran to my parents' bedroom and woke up my dad. I was scared to death. I can't fully describe my feelings b/c I don't think I've ever had ones like that before. I literally felt an "evil presence" in his room. Then....I look up and see the picture that hangs above Caed's bed. I'm sure you have seen this painting before. But for the first time....I felt like I was actually LIVING IT! If you have not ever seen this picture before and cannot fully see it, look closely out the window. A father fervently prays over his son at bedtime...while an all out battle rages outside the window. (a good angel is fighting off a bad one) That particular night, Caed eventually settled down and fell back asleep. But....I did not sleep quite as well from that point on. It was a literal reminder to me that we are fighting a war. (only one that we cannot see with our human eyes) These "spiritual forces of evil" are all around us! They are out to get our children, our families, our marriages, and our "faith." I believe the attack on Christians is incredibly strong.

I do not think that it was satan that made Caed sick. Yes, sickness entered the world through sin, but I'm also not giving him the "credit" for this whole ordeal. I believe God allows us to go through fiery trials so He can "clean us"....to get all the impurities out of us....to make us more like His Son. However, what I am seeing is how satan is sneaking his way into the picture. (he's like that, you know.....very smart, very sly in his approach.) This week has been an incredible struggle for me personally. Thoughts of fear...."what ifs"....discouragement....and anxiety are finding their way into my head. I know it is from satan! We had about 3 wonderful weeks with Caed. I was so happy!! I just couldn't get over how (almost instantly) the Lord healed him. Now, with Caed's continual weight loss.....I am not as thankful and joyous as I was. Honestly, I am scared to death!

Please specifically pray for us in this area. As most of you know I'm sure from your own life experiences, "TIME" and the "UNKNOWN"can sometimes be your worst enemies. When days turn into weeks, and weeks into months, and months into years......satan knows how tired, weary, and discouraged we can get. He's alert, like a prowling lion looking for someone (NOT ON GUARD!!) to devour!! I want to be ready....to be "self-controlled and alert" (1 Peter 5:8). Not to go around scared all the time, but AWARE all the time. Not only is he after Lori's thoughts of fear, but he's after Caed, Reagan, and Caleb....he's after Todd and I's marriage (we've basically been "separated" now for 5 months)....he's after my parents (whose lives have literally turned upside down since this happened)....he's after every tiny detail that involves this "fiery trial." (especially the ones I am not aware of!) Pray that we WILL be alert... and not give him a foothold.

.....Caed did good today. He has been SUCH a trooper with having to be hooked up 20 hours a day. As he sat on the potty in WalMart this afternoon..........he looked up at me and said, "Mommy, how much longer will I have to be sick?" I wanted to cry. I told him "Not long! God is healing your tummy and you are going to be ALL WELL very, very soon!" Please don't stop praying for this little boy. Just like in the picture, I believe our prayers are empowering all the good angels to keep winning the battle!!!

4 comments:

Melissa B said...

The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still. Exodus 14:14

A prayer a friend sne tme tonight - I pass it on to you!! God Bless!!

Lord, remind me of Moses' words when a tough situation or battles arises in my life. You will fight for me. All you ask that I do is to remain at peace and trust in you. Please forgive the fighter in me that tries to jump ahead of you and take control. I do trust that you are sovereign and more than able to claim victory over every situation in my life. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Anonymous said...

Lori,
We will always keep praying...we will not stop no matter how long the battles goes on. I have felt that gripping fear in the night and it is very real. The best defense is scripture and prayer for sure. I haven't posted in a while, but know that we are here...checking in every day and still loving your family!
Amy O.

Anonymous said...

Lori, please know that so many people are praying for Caed and for your whole family. Thank you for sharing how we can be praying specifically. You are so right - satan is so sly and loves to attack us where we are most vulnerable - with the ones we love. But, he is no match for our Father.

Anonymous said...

God Bless you Caed! It hurts my heart to read this, it's like a look in to the future.

erin