Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Tues. 6/10 - update

Day 102! We have been on this journey for what seems like forever! I'm sure as many of you know first hand, when you experience a tragedy, you can't remember how life was like "before." And more than ever, you realize how you took those days/years for granted. I know things like this CAUSE you to develop a new perspective on life. For that reason, THANK YOU GOD for changing our eyesight! We may not understand the means and especially not always like it, but ultimately we know we are better because of it. God, help us to trust YOU!

Several days ago I shared with you a little saying that kept running through my head (Slow and Steady wins the race!). Well, today another has come to mind: NO PAIN...NO GAIN! When I hear that, I immediately think of a poster we had in our locker room in high school. I'm sure it had a picture of some athlete doing some incredible feat...lifting weights, running, playing basketball....whatever. I don't know who originally coined this clever phrase all athletes like to use, but it doesn't just apply to our physical bodies. I believe it also shows us a clear picture of our walk with the Lord.

Great faith must first endure great trials. God's greatest gifts come through great pain. Can we find anything of value in the spiritual or the natural realm that has come about without tremendous toil and tears? Dear soul, you may scarcely realize the value of your present situation. If you are enduring great afflictions right now, you are at the source of the strongest faith. God will teach you during these dark hours to have the most powerful bond to His throne you could ever know, if you will only submit. "Don't be afraid; just believe." (Mark 5:36) (Streams in the Desert)

If anything is of great worth to you....it will require a tremendous work! It will not be easy. Lord, help me to see this as an agonizing work-out! I am sweaty....every muscle in my body is throbbing....I can't breath....and OH! how I want to stop! Give us the discipline to keep-going, even when it hurts. We know that there is NO GAIN...without the PAIN!!!!

Caed's day has not been too bad. (not as good as the past 2 days, but definitely not as bad as Fri. and Sat.) He slept very well last night. Didn't wake up until 9:30 am! He ran fever again around noon, but just low grade. The GI dr. wanted a blood culture because of it. Our HH nurse came out and drew blood. PLEASE pray for that! I am very nervous. It may be nothing, but our tract record might mean another hospital visit. ?? Caed's bilirubin level is high (liver), which explains the yellow skin/eyes. We will be starting a new med tonight to help with that.

Tonight Todd and I are having our weekly "night out." I am posting early because of it. (probably will not feel like getting on the computer when we come in). Therefore, I am leaving you with Caed up until 5:30! Reagan and Haylee just got home, so they are all down in the basement playing. Pray that he can have a fun (feel-good) time with them this evening. No telling what they will do (since Nana and Grandaddy are in charge)! Also, pray for Caleb. He has been pretty fussy the last several days. Is wearing on us all......................thank goodness he's cute!

5 comments:

Melissa B said...

Hope you have a great night out!!! You guys need it!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Caed its Beth Anne. I just watched your dancing video you've got to show me some of your moves some time!!! Hope you get to feeling better!! love you, Beth Anne!:)

Anonymous said...

OK - June 21-24 - that's on my prayer list that you all be able to make that trip. It will be great for all of you, I'm sure.

A verse that I'm sure I've read before, has really had an affect on my recently. Our minister used it in a sermon about a month ago, and then the Bible study I'm doing referenced it. It's Zephaniah 3:17 "The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing."

I'm preparing a couple of breakout sessions for our Women's Retreat in July and this verse will be part of that. There are five things this verse tells us about God - (and I've made this personal)
1. God is with me
2. God saves me
3. God delights in me
4. God quiets me with His love
and my favorite because of the pictures it brings to mind
5. God rejoices over me with singing.

Have you ever thought about God rejoicing over you with singing? What a magnificent picture that is.

I've highlighted the Discovery page in my Bible about this verse, and one part stands out right now:
"We all have something to shout about, no matter how trying and painful our particular circumstances might be. The God of the universe has saved us from our sin. He is right by our side, wherever we go. God loves us, delights in us, rejoices over us."

God, the God who created the universe, is with you right now - loving you, holding you - helping you through each and every moment of this journey through Caed's illness. Rejoice in that. Let Him quiet you with His love.

Your prayer partner in Albuquerque,
Debbie

Anonymous said...

you guys are such a blessing in my life... you are a huge encouragement... i hope and pray Caed reacted well to the new treatment... i hope and pray that ya´ll had a great night out... my prayers are still with you over the miles... bridgette

TERS! said...

Lori, Could you please post the address again where to send Caed and family letters?

Thanks!
The Williams