Sunday, June 15, 2008

Sun. 6/15 - update

Today was overall another good day. We decided to try to go to church again this morning, and wanted to visit FBC Idalou. I grew up in this church and my grandmother still goes there. We have been overwhelmed by the love and support this church family has given us the past 3 1/2 mos! Bro. Philip, you have been there for us from the very beginning, sat with us through several surgeries, and endless day-to-day visits. We thank you from the bottom of our heart! You have become very special to us, and we will always remember how you stepped in and loved us even though we didn't even know each other. You have truly displayed the love of Christ. And to the rest of the church family....THANK YOU for everything you have done. You have supported us in so many ways (providing meals, airline vouchers, sent cards, gifts, etc...). Again, this means so much to us when churches we are not even a part of wrap their arms around us and help us through. I wish there were enough Sundays where we could literally visit each and every church that has had a part in blessing us. I'm afraid we might be on the road for some time! I can't possibly mention each one, but please know HOW MUCH we have appreciated you and thank you especially for praying for Caed. It seems we get letters in the mail weekly from churches all over saying they have prayed for him. We are humbled and so grateful how the Lord has used you all as HIS HANDS and FEET!

(by the way...Caed made it through the entire service this morning!!!)

The rest of his day was fairly typical. A few moments of pain, and threw up maybe 2-3 times. Before church, he wanted a muffin. He ate 3 very small bites, and then this evening had 7-8 pieces of apple.

Todd flew in this evening...just in time to celebrate a few hours left of Father's Day. I personally want to take this time to tell my own Dad and Todd how much I love them! Thank you both for all that you do for our families. Thank you above all else that you love Jesus and strive to lead us in a Godly manner. I have learned so much from both of you! Your wisdom challenges me and has helped me to "dig deep." I am so thankful I have a Godly father myself, and now a Godly husband that desires to lead Reagan, Caed, & Caleb. I am abundantly blessed!

For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by Him we cry, "Abba, Father." The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs - heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in His sufferings in order that we may also share in His glory. (Romans 8:15-17)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yea i am so happy he ate!! I continue to pray for all of you guys i love you so much!! i can not wait for all of you to come home yea!! love you guys so much Addie