Thursday, November 12, 2009

On cloud 9

"This was the BEST night of my life!"..........................

Caed's words as I was tucking him into bed last night. Now, you might be thinking we made another quick trip to Disney World or something along that caliber. Nope. Caed played the drums in front of 75+ teenagers last night at church. He has been wanting to do this for several months. Another time he asked us if he could do it, but got "freaked out" at the last minute. ha But, last night was different. He asked me right as we were leaving for Awanas. He grabbed his handbook and drumsticks and was set! And kept telling me....."Mommy, please don't forget to come get me out of class!!!" He did great! And in fact......wasn't too thrilled when Daddy made him stop. He would have kept playing the whole night if we would have let him. This morning he told me he dreamed about it all night. ha!

I tried to get it on video, but of course right as he got up on stage, my camera starting blinking CHANGE BATTERIES! He thinks he's going to do it every Wed. night......although Daddy is trying to explain to him that maybe he should just come on special occasions. He really is a good little drummer and definitely has some natural ability.....was able to keep a nice beat with bass pedal, snare, and cymbal.....and also threw in a little filler at the end. ha! This certainly seems to be his passion right now. Can't wait to see how he grows.........

*I will try to get a video of him playing (in his room). However, I have been having trouble uploading them to Blogger lately. (that's why you haven't seen any more Reagan Hollingsworth episodes) ha! Just call it "technical difficulties."

5 comments:

Greggo said...

HA! That's awesome! Video is much needed!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the continued updates. Praising God for his love.
Idalou warrior.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha...he was definitely anticipating you getting early last night. He kept watching the door. He definitely had drums on the mind! Can't wait to him him play!

Heather

Anonymous said...

oops..., I can't wait to HEAR him play!

Heather

Anonymous said...

Get that video working--Grammy can hardly wait to see our "little drummer boy" and hear him play. He does have some talent in the musical realm--Keep after it Caed--I don't know why you can't play every Wed. night either? Daddy may be jealous (ha). I love you, little buddy!!