Thursday, October 8, 2009

What a difference a day makes....





This was Caed just two days ago.....going strong....being silly......practicing in he and Caleb's "daily dance-off."


However, the dreaded flu has finally hit our boy!

I knew it eventually would, as it is rampant in our schools. Just about everyone I know has had a bout with it in some form or fashion. Reagan had "something" several days ago (fever, coughing, etc....), but it only lasted 48 hrs. and she is as good as new now. This hit Caed last night after we got back from Awanas. He wanted to go straight to bed (which gave me a huge clue something was up!) He woke during the night burning with fever and then had some vomiting and bad stomach pains this morning. We went ahead and called his pediatrician (just because it's CAED we're dealing with). Definitely need to be on the safe side.

After seeing he had a fever early this morning, I gave him some Tylenol, and we all went back to bed. However, I lay there for quite awhile thinking.......

the last fever Caed had was when he still had his central line. When you get a fever with a CL.....it's scary! Usually is an indication of a line infection, which can be VERY serious.

I lay there not being able to shake the fear in my heart. I had to keep reminding myself.....it's ok. There is NO more line! He's just a normal little boy now with the same junk everyone else in the world currently has. However, for some reason it's just different for me. Will it ever be just a "normal sickness" with him? (in my mind) Reagan ran fever for 2 days this week, and as much as I hated she wasn't feeling well, I honestly never really gave it a 2nd thought with her. I administered the Tylenol or Motrin....and didn't worry too much. But with Caed, too many painful, scary memories become associated with fevers.....stomach pains.....vomiting.....or crying in his bed.

Well, for the update. His dr. said he just has the flu, but there really isn't anything we can do. (just treat the symptoms and stay hydrated) We could tell this afternoon he began feeling (acting) better, but soon the fever returned. He will stay home from school again tomorrow, but hopefully will be back to his dancing/drumming self in no time.

So far.....2 down......3 to go! (oh Lord.....we pray NOT!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get well QUICK, Caed. And don't share this with your baby brother!! Have a restful 4 days at home. Love you--Grammy

Anonymous said...

I totally know how you feel. I have a short gut 21 month old who had his central line pulled 6 months ago. Every sneeze, every fever I think - oh no, hospital. Does it go away?

Anonymous said...

THinking of you all as you walk though a change of circumstances...May you know God's presence with you at this time.

Gordon, COralie & Family

Unknown said...

sildenafil 20 mg for ed works by blocking the enzymes that make it more difficult for blood vessels to dilate and circulate freely through your body. Increasing blood flow to the penis helps men with erectile dysfunction more easily achieve and maintain an erection.