Thursday, February 26, 2009

There is a time for everything......

......and a season for every activity under heaven:


a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,
a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend,

a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.

(Ecclesiastes 3:1-8)

Today went NOTHING like I had planned. And for the "planner" in me....well, let's just say it was hard to accept. However, even when things began falling apart and my heart torn into (again), God quickly allowed me to see why these "unplanned days" are sometimes just what we need. I have been struggling with a particular situation for quite some time, and finally today..... He opened my eyes and showed me a tiny glimpse of the "why." There is a time for everything! Even in our Christian walk. I am currently going through a season that I have never been before. Unfamiliar territory. I have been fighting it and my pride telling me 'I am wrong....I am weak'. God showed me today.................

I am RIGHT WHERE HE WANTS ME!!!

I may not understand. I may still fall and let the world's voice consume me.....and let me know what I should or should not be doing. But, the Lord graciously showed me HIS WILL at this particular time in my life. For the first time in a very long time.....I truly have confidence. Not in myself, but in His plan. His purpose. And that's what it is: There is a real purpose for where HE has me. I have not been forgotten, or considered unimportant or useless in His Kingdom. He is teaching me to be still......to listen....and to do the job He has set before me with my whole heart!!!! (even if my job seems unimportant to the world)

Thank you Lord for knowing how much I needed this day! Help me to live strong....unwaivering....and have boldness and confidence in YOU!

6 comments:

Brenda said...

Thank you, Lori, for reminding me that the best (and only) place to be is "right where He wants me". I so needed this message today. Bless you!

Anonymous said...

your message rings so true for me too. thanks for reminding me to "be still." i forget that a lot! thanks for blessing me through this!

kristie

and i loved the pic of the kids!!!

Melissa B said...

Lori, I believe you have been showing God's grace and mercy to many for the past year through your blog and just showing us what faith is! I have not been commenting much lately but I still read and pray for you guys! You are such a strong Godly woman and I am glad you still continue to share with us!

Bethany said...

Don't you just love it when that happens?? When God speaks DIRECTLY to you, and you KNOW without a doubt!? Somehow it makes the struggle okay..? I'm actually excited for you! :) Love you!!

Anonymous said...

Lori, I feel your pain. You have the right heart in all of this. Just keep doing what the Spirit tells you to do and don't worry what "the world" thinks. We all have our own struggles and God gently tells us what He wants us to do. Focus on pleasing Him. Don't fight it, embrace it and His peace will flow in you no matter what the situation.

Bridget R.

Unknown said...

tretinoin cream 0.025 is a medication used to treat acne and sun-damaged skin. It can’t erase deep wrinkles, but it can help improve the appearance of surface wrinkles, fine lines, and dark spots. It is also known as retinoic acid. It’s the generic name for synthetic vitamin A. It’s sold under many different brand names.