Thursday, February 28, 2013

Can you believe...?



 Last week Todd and I anxiously sat along side many other parents in the gym stands for the first time. There was an excitement in the air, as well as a few giggles as we prepared ourselves for the FIRST GAME of Little Dribblers' Basketball. This was Caed's first year to be old enough to participate, and boy had he waited a long time for this day to arrive. As the two teams began to warm up under their designated goals, Todd leaned over and whispered, "Can you believe all he's been through?" I just shook my head. I couldn't even formulate the right words to respond. There he was. Just standing under the basket. Waiting his turn to shoot. He wasn't performing some great athletic feat. Just standing. And yet THAT moment is what caused Todd and I to sit there in utter silence (as though the only 2 people in the crowded gymnasium) with giant lumps in our throats and tears in our eyes.

 It's hard to believe it's come back again. I guess (difficult) anniversaries have a tendency to do that....unfortunately.  Tomorrow is March 1.  Those who have followed Caed's blog (even the tiniest bit) have heard me reference this particular day on the calendar many times.  It's the day our world as we knew it, changed forever.

Last year, we started a new tradition in which we would CELEBRATE this day.  It would no longer be a day in which Mommy walked around in a gray fog, but rather one in which we purposely planned something really fun to do.  Caed's choice, of course.  We would CELEBRATE his life and God's faithfulness.

However exciting the plans for this new day are.....I am also very realistic and know it ((WILL)) be tough.  Your mind just naturally goes there.  It goes back to what we were doing and where we were at certain times during the day.  I know each one of you can relate.  There is a date on the calendar (maybe even a few) in which you dread.  It is the anniversary of something so terribly painful in your life, and although it clearly is in the past.....it always seems to knock on the door faithfully every single year.

Caed is doing better than he EVER has!!!  It absolutely is amazing.  My prayer is that the LORD would consume my thoughts tomorrow.  HIS goodness.  HIS mercy.  HIS faithfulness.  HIS comforting arms.  HIS mind-boggling provisions.  HIS healing touch.  HIS love.....for my sweet boy.

I want to take this opportunity (once again) and just say THANK YOU!  So many of you have followed Caed's story for 5 LONG YEARS!  But not only have you followed it, you would be the Oscar winners of Best Supporting Cast.  I believe with all my heart, God heard the prayers of thousands upon thousands of his children all over this globe, crying out for mine.  POWERFUL!  To have been in the center of it.  To have felt it......

So, I ask the question again.  Can you really believe what all he's been through?  The answer is no.  And probably wouldn't had I not actually lived every single day and night of it. 

God, you are GOOD!  I will never be able to thank you enough for doing exactly what You did!

To 5 more ((full-of-life)) years.......

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Such an adventure! But God is so good! :)

Anonymous said...

Lori - I don't know if you remember me but I was a volunteer in the hospital - Mrs. Leslie. I ran across the card you shared with the blog spot and pulled it up tonight. Thanks for your words. God is great. Caed is such a handsome young man. I would love to watch him dribble a basketball across the court. He is such a miracle with wonderful parents. God bless you.