Sunday, March 29, 2009

$179.40

...that's the difference in the cost of these two "medications" each month. And yet, they are basically the same thing. Sodium Bicarbonate. The one on the left is in liquid form, and I am guessing gentler on the gut. In some SBS patients however, the regular old stuff can cause excess gas and bloating. No one enjoys that, but I am going out on a limb here and thinking for those with digestive issues (ie....short gut), it would be worse. We have decided to give the powder a try! Again, this may seem like an odd prayer request, but this is where we find ourselves today.

We are also continuing to have a few problems with our home infusion company. I tried many months ago to find an alternative. Each and every phone call ended the same way....."Sorry, ma'am, we can't help you, but we know of a company that can..........." And of course they would suggest the very one we're trying to get away from!!!! We have had experience with this company in NE, and they were incredible!!! Top rate service! We developed a relationship with them, and grew to love our pharmacist. Our time in Lubbock also proved very positive with the home infusion co. there. Zero complaints. So far, here in Dallas, it's been more of "suck it up, and just go with it.....you don't have a choice." Although a few days ago, after talking to the Feeding Dept. with this company, I literally hung up in tears. (not a first with them) We are experiencing a new struggle in this whole ordeal. Things that were once "covered by insurance" are now no longer......according to this company. Things that my son has to have. (and I'm not talking about the latest video game) Something that is vital to his health and healing.

After a good cry, as HE always does, the Lord calmed me down and reminded me of a very familiar verse: And my God will meet all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:19)

These are a few of our needs. We all have them. All the time. There is always something that we are in need of. Sometimes it is tangible. Other times it is not. I know personally SO MANY of you and your current situations. Some are in need of financial stability..... healing from sicknesses that have plagued you or your loved ones for years.....clarity in decisions regarding the future and God's will for your life....forgiveness....a fresh start.....a baby of your own!

God sees all.
He loves deeply.
He provides perfectly.........................in HIS timing and through HIS ways.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate that these new problems keep arising but we can specifically ask for these needs in our prayer for you all and the Lord will answer. He knows your needs so just hang in there.I can just imagine how frustrated you become when things get so messed up.We will keep praying.

Bethany said...

I've personally seen God provide time after time in my life growing up, and I KNOW that He WILL provide for you too! Expect it. It's coming. :)

Love ya!

Melissa B said...

Hate to hear about new problems - espeacially ones with insurance companies or the like! It is always something, huh?? I am praying for you girl - you need some peace! :)

Colleen said...

I got a good laugh out of your picture!! Devin is also on Sodium Bicarb and we use baking soda and he tolerates it just fine. We mix it in his feeds and all is well.

Always in my thoughts and prayers:)

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Lori for your words of wisdom from the Lord! I often don't believe He will really provide for us. I know He CAN, but don't believe He will. HE WILL! I will pray specifically for the monthly medication needs! Love yall,
Mar

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the picture! I never even put two and two together concerning this. Ash has been on and off of it numerous times and each time the cost of it sets me back like I didn't expect it. I have no idea why insurance refuses to pay for it unless they realize it comes in that little orange box too. When first returning home from Nebraska in January of this year one of Ash's meds ended up costing $1,107.00 for ONE ounce of it! I was stunned! I thought for sure it was a mistake, but it was not. We too experienced the same "switch" in company personality and service between our Nebraska branch of home infusion and our Texas branch of the same company. I'm hoping you are able to locate another alternative. They can make our very complex lives miserable if they choose to. Thinking of you today. Trishsnasoolo