Friday, November 5, 2010

Our new life has begun....



...and we are ALL settled! NOT!

We are, however, official residents of the big city of Idalou! Honestly, I just feel as though we are here visiting for the holidays. (only minus the tree and stockings) It is a very surreal feeling. One that I have dreamed about and prayed for a very long time, but now, seems it's just that. A dream. Our house in Celina went on the market on Monday....and Todd and I spent an evening this week looking at all the pics on line via our realty company. I hated it. That is MY HOME!!!! Why are there pictures of every room for the whole world to see? In that instant, I so deeply wanted to go back and resume our life the way it was. (regardless of my sentimental feelings....please pray with us for that house to sell quickly!) HOWEVER....there also is a corner of my heart that is genuinely excited about our "new life!" We are still living out of our suitcases (or going back and forth to the garage to dig for whatever we need). It's NOT ideal....but it's where the Lord has us for a short time period. Physically, my body is completely 100% exhausted. Don't think I've had a good night's sleep in over a month....my neck and back ache constantly. Todd and I worked 14+ hr. days the 2 weeks before the move trying to pack and also get the house as ready as possible to put on the market. Not to mention the emotional tiredness of all the good-byes and all the "new" to get used to. (refer to previous post as a reminder of my deep dislike to change!) :) I TRY to keep reminding myself to remain positive....God has great life lessons to be learned here during this interim phase....and to TRUST!

Beginning Monday, the kids will officially be enrolled at Idalou Elementary School. They are both excited and scared. Each of them know a friend personally in their grade/class, so that will help tremendously. Todd also starts his new job on Tuesday. He already visited the store and went to eat lunch with the rest of the management team yesterday. He is also both excited and a little nervous (been 10 years). SO MANY changes ahead for each one of us, but ones we are 100% confident the Lord has brought to us.

side note and prayer request: PLEASE pray with us for the insurance change to go smoothly. There is possibly a 6-12 month waiting period for Caed with his pre-existing condition. NOT GOOD!!! I want to cry. I don't understand at all!!!! He has monthly needs that reach 1000's of dollars (without insurance). However, we know this is not a little detail God forgot about. He knows. And HE has it all under control. Once again, I think this is one of those areas where He is calling us to TRUST (when we can't see the outcome of a seemingly "hopeless" situation).

(fun story coming on Monday....stay tuned!) ;)

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

I have been thinking and praying for y'all as you go through all the changes. Will be praying for your house to sell quickly! We too have our house on the market, so I know your concerns. God will walk you right through it all as He strengthens, helps, and upholds you with His righteous right hand. He is faithful. God obviously has plans for good for your potential insurance problems. DEFINITELY praying about that!
Sending love and hugs to you all.
In His great and mighty love,
Carolyn O'Cain

Anonymous said...

Miss y'all so much!!!!

Carlie