Sunday, October 3, 2010

BIG changes in the Hollingsworth Home


It is official. We will be stepping out of full-time ministry and heading back home within a few short weeks. This is something that Todd and I have prayed about for almost 2 years. We never jump into anything haphazardly....in fact, you've never met two more analytical people than us. However, ministry doors continued to close, but going back to Lubbock opened very quickly (and clearly). We are equally sad, excited, nervous, and relieved. Lubbock/Idalou is home to Todd and I. We were both raised on the good 'ole South Plains and our families still reside there. So many friends that we have had growing up also are there. However....we are leaving behind a wonderful, supportive church/community called Celina. We don't have the words to express how DEEPLY we love and appreciate everything you have done for us the past 4 years. You welcomed us, helped us with any need that arose, and quickly became family. During the past 2 years in dealing with Caed and his sickness....you overwhelmed us!!!!!! God knew exactly where we needed to be and what special church would step up and minister to us during the hardest time in our lives. We will NEVER forget that! To our students - you make this job worthwhile. Your passion and love for life are contagious. We have loved every minute of leading you and walking beside you through your fun-filled, exciting, stressful high school and jr. high days. We look forward to watching you grow up, move on to college and someday start your own families! (yes, it will happen much sooner than you think!) The best part of youth ministry is seeing your students all grown up and living out their faith ON THEIR OWN! We look forward with great anticipation at how the Lord is going to use each one of you in the future. We will miss you guys SO MUCH!!!!

Todd will go back to work for United (Market Street) in Nov. He has about 12 yrs. previous experience with this company and is excited to step back into management. The kids will go to school out at Idalou, and I hope to go back to teaching at the Elem level. The life that Todd and I had prior to getting into vocational ministry seems to have made a full circle. Funny how things work out that way. We are very excited.

The kids are handling the news as expected. Todd and I took Reagan and Caed out to eat Friday night, and let the cat out of the bag over a delicious (un-touched) meal at On the Border. Reagan took it really hard. She cried for about 30 minutes....but we finally got her settled down enough to talk through it all. To show her the positive things that await this life-changing move. She began to laugh and could hardly wait to call her cousin/BFF Idalou friend, Bergan. Caed just sat in silence the whole time....staring at his emotionally unstable sister. ;) Finally, he looked up at me with tears in his eyes and asked, "But can I take my drums?" But of course!!! I plan on taking the kids to Idalou this weekend. Celina is out of school on Mon. the 8th, so I will take them up that day to meet their new principal and see the building, etc.... I think that will help with the transition immensely.

Our last Sunday will be Oct. 17, and then we will officially roll out sometime the first of Nov. I am still living in somewhat of a fog, trying to remind myself that this is really happening. Even though there are many uncertainties still in the picture (selling our home, etc...), I know that God is in control. We believe wholeheartedly that He is leading us in this, so trusting Him in the details should be..... easy. (I'm working on this one.)

Lots to do. Head is spinning. Heart is aching....and rejoicing. And trying to be still long enough to sit back and see how (in His perfect timing) HE has led Todd and I to this very point. Pretty amazing ride thus far! Looking forward to how He will use us in the future......

11 comments:

Carolyn said...

What incredible news, Lori! I will be praying for the sale of your home and the transition of your family. I know where you are because we are at the same place, just at an older age. I am so excited to see what the Lord has in store for you and your family now. He is an awesome God and definitely knows what is best for all concerned. I'm happy for all of you. Keep us posted!!!
In His great love,
Carolyn O'Cain
P.S. Please keep blogging.....

Anonymous said...

Jeff and I are so happy and excited for you. We know all about moving when God says "GO". He gives us what we need to take the next step and we can trust in HIM to take care of the details in HIs way and His time. You will be missed though! Very much! Much love to you all!
amy oldham

Melissa B said...

Well you know you will still be followed on here! :) I am blessed to have met you a few years ago and hope we stay in touch. Love and prayers as you guys move and hope things go smoothly for you!

Anonymous said...

Wow!! I am so surprised to hear this, but even more excited that you guys have the opportunity to move close to family! Being close to family has always been very special to us. We will be keeping you in our prayers as you make this move! Love you guys!! Libby and David

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you all, I know how much being close to family means. I will be praying for you all and the sale of your home. The kids will do fine its just a CHANGE and you know how much we all love that. Being so close to NANA and GRAMMY will make it all better (for everyone).
Miss you all
Sheri C.

Meredith and RC Martin said...

atSo happy for you! Todd should apply for Tuberville's job. Or maybe even Gerald Meyers. Praying for the sale of your house and other details to fall in place!

Anonymous said...

LOVE THE PIC. OH.....
I'M ON FACEBOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!JUST GO TO CELINA BOBCATS PAGE AND CLICK ON VEDIOS I AM THERE DANCING.!!!!
LOVE,
CARLIE

Anonymous said...

CUTE I MISS YOU GUYS ITS BOREING HERE AT OWENS HOUES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


LOVE
JAMIE

Hattie said...

Wow, Lori!!!! I know it must be very bittersweet, but I can only imagine how happy Ann and your Dad are, plus Todd's Mom! I know that the Lord will allow the transition to go smoothly and get y'all settled as soon as possible! I know that Celina is going to miss you terribly, but as Dorothy says, "There's No Place Like HOME"!! God Bless Y'all!!! xoxoxo Ike and Ann

Anonymous said...

Lori, your family is so inspiring. I know we hardly talked in school but every time I read your status in facebook or check out this page, I stand amazed at how wonderful our God is. I hope to one day be able to visit with you. Thank you for being so obedient to God and following His lead. We contiue to pray for your family. I rejoice that you are coming back to Lubbock/Idalou, but I am sad that you are leaving so many loved ones behind in Celina. I hope to hear from you soon. May the Lord Bless you always.

Anonymous said...

Lori, your family is so inspiring. I know we hardly talked in Church but every time I read your status in facebook or check out this page, I stand amazed at how wonderful our God is. Thank you for being so obedient to God and following His lead. We contiue to pray for your family. I rejoice that you are going back to Lubbock/Idalou, but I am sad that you are leaving so many loved ones behind in Celina. I hope to hear from you soon. May the Lord Bless you always.