Friday, December 12, 2008

Powerful words in a checkout line

Many things occurred this week that quite frankly were just not on my "to do" list. First and foremost, attending my grandmother's funeral. Something I never expected just a short week ago. However, the Lord was especially gracious during this time. He used her death to reach others and was glorified through it. God's presence was truly there. The service and time spent with family was wonderful. Yet again, even through this............He taught me many things. I was able to spend 24 hrs. in my Granny's home. Something I am SO grateful I had the opportunity to do. I will share another time some of those neat things the Lord showed me.

My heart continues to be heavy today. Many things that right now.....I just cannot write about, but will simply say I was reminded today that God's Word is powerful! It is sharper than a doubled edged sword. Today as I was standing in a long checkout line at Walmart, He spoke. So clearly. And to me!

Choose you this day whom you will serve...........but as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord. (Joshua 24:15)

Choose you this day.......

Choose you this day.....

Over and over, CHOOSE YOU THIS DAY!!!!

I knew satan was attacking. Getting me down. Instead of being joyful, counting my blessings, making the most out of my day, he was whispering lies into my head. Causing me to forget God's goodness. His faithfulness. His love.

And that's exactly what I believe we have to do EVERY SINGLE DAY.....and most likely many times throughout the day. CHOOSE CHRIST!

Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things. Philippians 4:8

My prayer is that amidst the hustle and bustle. The noise. The crowds. The busyness. The stress of the holiday season, we would stop long enough to just listen.............. Listen to His voice. What amazing and wonderful things He wishes to tell us. To remind us. To teach us. If we would but only STOP and LISTEN!!!

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Colossians 3:2 says "Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things." That is my prayer for you and has often been my prayer for me. Wonderful words of life!
I have thought about and prayed for you and your family often since your Grandmother died. Thank You, Lord, for answering those many prayers for peace and grace in this time. He truly is faithful and HE will carry you through.
Have a blessed and Christ-centered day, Lori. What a mighty God we serve!
In His great love,
Carolyn O'Cain